Nottingham Buildings

Clifton Arms Houses - Part

Clifton Village

 

This odd little building stands on the west side of The Green and is part of the Clifton Arms Houses that were built by one, George Wells in 1709

It seems that there are two of these strange little buildings, and that they were intended as private oratories or chapels for the then female inhabitants.

 

 

  Ray Teece  25-07-2008

NB00957

RETURN